Easy Plate is a convenient, prepared media plate with no need for media preparation or sterilization. Easy Plate is an easy to use alternative to in-house media preparation using traditional plated media that saves time, labor and reduces waste. Using an Easy Plate – which is about 1/20 volume of the traditional petri dish – saves space and allows you to run more tests with your current incubator space. Easy Plates come ready-to-use and immediately after opening the package you can place a sample suspension onto the media and start incubation.
Easy Plate SA is an AOAC PTM certified custom media formulation for cultivation of Staphylococcus aureus. The media contains a chromogenic substrate that produces easily distinguishable brightly colored blue colonies, allowing you to easily identify and quantify Staphylococcus aureus. Compared to Baired-Parker agar and Mannitol salt agar with egg yolk which takes 48 hrs, Easy Plate SA incubation time is reduced to in 24±1 hrs. Easy Plate SA also contain inhibitors reducing the growth of non- Staphylococcus aureus, but if they grow, the colonies will exhibit a pink to red-violet color making them easy to distinguish. Easy Plate SA is AOAC PTM certified and sold in packages of 100 tests in 4 separate bags containing 25 tests each. The shelf life of 12 months when stored unopened at 2-8℃.
1. Easily distinguishable brightly colored colonies at 24 hours
- Identification is easier compared to agar count media, since the color change makes it unnecessary to confirm the egg-yolk reaction.
- The incubation time is decreased by half to 24 hours, improving the time to report results.
- Only one sheet is required when using Easy Plate, while the surface plating method requires three or more plates.
2. High specificity
- Some S. aureus that exhibit negative egg yolk reactions on conventional agar media can be detected on Easy Plate.
- Many bacteria other than S. aureus are Inhibited by the selective media. Non-Staph aureus colonies that do develop, are easy to identify due to their pink to red-violet coloring.
3. High correlation with the plate count agar
High correlation with the plate count agar in various foods.※
※ According to the research by DNP
4.AOAC PTM certified
AOAC PTM Certification Acquired.（License No.111703）
S. aureus colonies that develop will exhibit a blue coloring making them easy to identify and count. The SA Easy Plate media is inhibitory for other bacteria but, if they develop, they should exhibit a pink to red-violet coloring making discrimination easy.
|Pasteurized milk + S. aureus||Cream puff + S. aureus||Cooked ham + S. aureus||Egg sandwich + S. aureus|
|Product Name||Easy Plate SA|
|Object microorganism||Staphylococcus aureus|
|Incubation Times||24 ± 1 hours|
|Incubation Temperature||35 or 37 ± 1℃|
|Storage Condition (Unopened)||2 - 8℃|
|(After opening)||After opening the package, fold the open end of the package at least 2 times and tape it. Store in a refrigerator (2 to 8°C) and use within 3 months.|
|Shelf life||12 months after manufacturing date|
|Certification/Regulation||AOAC RI PTM Certification Acquired.|
|Packaging||100 tests (25 tests x 4 bags)