The Histamine test uses a rapid enzymatic assay that is AOAC-validated, easy-to-use and provides a quantitative test result in less than 1 hr. Histamine Test is validated assay for the determination of histamine in tuna, bonito, canned tuna, fish sauce and other products.
- Simple Just dissolve the reagents and mix with the sample. The analysis is simple and safe. Due to high specificity of the enzyme, no hazardous chemicals-such as strong acids or organic solvents-are needed.
- Rapid The reaction takes only 15 minutes. For raw fish samples, the test can be fully completed-from sample preparation to result- in one hour.
- Accurate AOAC Performance Tested Method(PTM)Certification. The test has been shown to have a high correlation with official laboratory reference methods.
Composition of kit
|Product Name||Histamine Test|
|Number of measurements||60 assays|
Enzyme reagent (lyophilisate)x 6
|Expiry||End of month after 31 months from manufacturing date.|
- The reagent can not be used for purposes other than voluntary health inspection and research applications.
- This measurement, instruments and EDTA solution such as a micro pipette in addition to this kit and the absorbance meter is required.
- Histamine is easy to adsorb to the glass. Please use the plastic tube or the like.
- This kit is a histamine assay kit for raw fish. However, by varying the pretreatment method, it is the case that can be adapted to samples other than raw fish.
Histamine Test (AOAC-RI PTM) - Instruction Video -
- Received the Technical Achievement Award in Fisheries Science from the Japanese Society of Fisheries Science.(2007)
- Received the Japan Soy Sauce Technology Award in application section from the Japan Soy Sauce Association.(2014)
- New! Histamine Test certificated the AOAC Performance Tested Method(PTM).
When you use the "Histamine Test", we recommend the use of the following equipment. Also available in a general spectrophotometer.
Absorptiometer RGB (Model DPM2-ABS)
⇒ Click here(move to Kyoritsu Chemical-Check Lab., Corp. site)
Inquiries about the measuring instrument :
Kyoritsu Chemical-Check Lab., Corp.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : +81-3-3721-9207
Validation study of histamine test for the determination of histamine in selected fish products. J. AOAC Int. 2019, 102, 164-180.
Simple and rapid determination of histamine in food using a new histamine dehydrogenase from Rhizobium sp. Anal. Biochem. 2005. 346, 320-326.